“I’m telling you, and I know I say this every year, but this is different.” I said as I waved my hands around while I was driving, speaking to my best friend that was sitting next to me. Her eyebrows raised for a moment, preparing herself to not slap me as I was driving for whatever I was about to say, “I can feel it.” I added on, “2017 is going to be my year!”
“Oh my gosh.” She says, rolling her eyes and face-palming herself, a heavy sigh escaping her lips as I drive leisurely towards our college campus.
“I’m serious!” I practically screamed – and I was serious. At least, at the time. But then…well, nothing really happened. I just stopped caring.
I stopped caring about the goals that I know I really want – like losing weight – and I only cared about the goals that I really, really want – like focusing on my writing career. Of course, that’s all fine and dandy, but why not focus on all of my goals?
How many times have I said no to something – like applying to be an extra on a TV show, getting a belly button piercing, or – for god’s sake – not wanting to become “too successful” in something because I don’t want people to see the way I look? These are all on my bucket list, and even though I have had opportunities to do things – like being an extra on a TV Show – I didn’t.
Why? Because I’m depriving myself by focusing on one goal instead of all my goals.
I don’t want to do that.
And you shouldn’t want to either.
So, I compiled a list of goals. These are most common goals, as well as some minor goals that will be hyperlinked to tags or categories for articles centered around that goal in order to make your life a little easier.
If you don’t see a goal that you think I should add, feel free to comment or contact me! Also, if you haven’t already read the Start Here page, you should probably do that first.
P.S. If you haven’t learned yet already, I like big glittery gifs!)
- Fitness, Health, and Beauty Goals.
- Lose weight (Tags: Weight Loss,)
- Gain Weight (Tags: Strength Training, Body Building)
- Be healthy (Tags: Health, Be Healthy)
- Build endurance and stamina (Tags: Endurance, Stamina, Exercise, Strength, Strength Training, Weights)
- Take control over illness/disorder (Tags: Health, Illness, Disease, Disorder, Sickness, Ill, Sick, Diabetes, Chronic Pain, Stress, Anxiety, ADD, ADHD)
- Chronic pain
- Have longer, healthier, and beautiful hair (Tags: Hair)
- Have clear, smooth, and healthy skin (Tags: Skin, Acne)
- Grow nails/Stop biting nails/Have healthy Nails (Tags: Nails)
- Have better make-up techniques (Tags: Beauty, Make-up)
- Career, Success, and Educational Goals
- Rise to the top in my career field (Tags: Career, Job)
- Manage money (Tags: Money, Finance)
- Stop getting distracted when doing important stuff (school, work, etc) (Tags: Distractions, Easily Distracted)
- Stop procrastinating (Tags: Procrastinate, Procrastination, Procrastinating)
- Be a better student (Tags: Student)
- Build my portfolio and a better profile (writers, artists, photographers, film-makers, editors, etc) (Tags: Portfolio)
- Learn something new every day or read the current news (Tags: News, Current News)
- Religion and Spirituality Goals
- Learn what religion I believe in (Tags: Religion)
- Get more involved in my religion (Tags: Religion, Religion Involvement)
- Practice and learn more about my beliefs (Religion, Religious Beliefs, Spiritual Beliefs, Meditation, Chi, Prayer, pray, spirit guides, angels, god, gods, goddess, goddesses, ritual)
- Chi/Qi/Psi Energy
- Spirit guides, angels, gods, goddesses
- Learn more about religion and spirituality in general (Tags: Religion, Spirituality)
- Bucket List Goals
- Start my bucket list
- Knock things off my bucket list
- Learn how I can do things that are on my bucket list
- Other Goals
- The Way We Think Goals / Quotes
- What side am I on? What do I believe in certain topics given to me? I want to learn more about myself through knowing what sides I stand on in certain topics.